A piece of First UM Church history will be revealed Saturday January 17th at appx. 10am, as the contents of the cornerstone will be removed from the last remaining wall at Poplar and Second. The cornerstone was placed in the wall of the sanctuary November 19, 1889. The reception cavity inside the stone is 8x12 inches and holds a copper box. Into this copper box, Bishop E.R. Hendrix a variety of items now over 119 years old. The neo-gothic limestone sanctuary graced this downtown corner for over 114 years before it was destroyed by a fire October 6, 2006.